dfwairport.com - How to Obtain a Badge
How to Obtain a Badge
|1.||NEW AND RENEWAL BADGE APPLICATIONS |
| ||New and renewing badge applicants should complete the DFW Airport Access Badge Application online or download the form to be completed by hand using black or dark blue ink only here. If your company is new to DFW Airport and is not registered with the Access Control Office (ACO), please complete a Company Profile form and send it to the ACO via email to email@example.com or via fax to 972 973 5113|
|2.||COMPLETING THE BADGE APPLICATION.|
The online badge application is designed to guide the applicant through the process of completing all the required information correctly, so it is strongly recommended that the application be complete online. If the applicant chooses not to complete the application online, the applicant must provide all the required information or the application will not be accepted. Please remember these basic instructions when completing the application:
- An application is required for all new and renewing badge applicants and for the replacement of a lost or stolen badge.
- Applicants must meet the following minimum age requirements:
1) SIDA badge applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
2) Non-SIDA badge applicants must be 14 years of age or older.
3) Employee/Contractor ID badge applicants must be 14 years of age or older.
- Applicant must use legal name on the application. No nicknames or alias names can be used at the top of the application.
- Application must be presented to the ACO for the first time within thirty (30) days from the date of the “Sponsoring Authority’s Signature” or the application will not be accepted.
- Applicant must complete every field on the application and must sign and date their signature on the application in all locations where the application indicates “Applicant’s Signature.” Applications presented to the ACO must contain original signatures and signature dates. All others will be voided and the applicant will be required to complete another badge application.
- Applications that are hand-printed must be printed in black or dark blue ink and must be legible or they will not be accepted.
- Applications that are folded or mutilated in any way will not be accepted. Please print applications double-sided to save on paper consumption.
- Correction tapes or fluids are prohibited. Applications containing correction tapes or fluids will be voided and the applicant will be required to complete another application.
- Applicant must take the application to their employer for completion after completing the “Applicant” portion of the application, including “Applicant’s Signature.”
- Applicant is required to bring proof of identity and proof of employment authorization documents from the List of Acceptable Documents to the ACO when arriving for fingerprinting and for badge issuance. The List of Acceptable Documents can be found on the Airport’s web-site at www.dfwairport.com/badge.
- Applicant is required to bring a document to verify the “Current Street Address” listed on the application that contains the applicant’s name and current street address. Some examples of documents that may be used to verify the “Current Street Address” are a valid driver’s license or state ID card, a bill, a credit card statement, a lease/rental agreement, etc.
- Applicant’s employer will be notified via email to send the applicant to the ACO for security training and/or badge issuance after the applicant has successfully met the Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and Security Threat Assessment (STA) requirements.
- Applicants should check with their employer before returning to the ACO. Applicants are not to contact the ACO regarding the status of their application and should have their employer check on the status of the application.
- Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) applicant may take the security and ramp safety training after the applicant has met the CHRC and STA requirements and must pass the security training course before a badge will be issued.
- Employers must complete every field in the “Employer” section of the application and must sign the application in all locations where the application indicates “Authorized Employer Representative’s Signature.” “Authorized Employer Representative”’ information and signature in the “Employer” section of the application must be a duly authorized representative of the company. The name, contact information and signature for the “Authorized Employer Representative” must all be for the same individual or the application will be voided and the applicant will be required to complete another badge application. Applications presented to the ACO must contain original signatures and signature dates. All others will be voided and the applicant will be required to complete another badge application.
- Employers must take the application to an ACO authorized Sponsoring Authority for signature after completing the “Employer” section of the application.
- Employers are responsible for notifying the ACO immediately whenever a badge holder no longer requires access privileges or whenever a badge is lost or stolen. During normal ACO office hours, complete a Badge Deletion Request form and submit it to the ACO at 972 973 5113. After normal ACO office hours, call the DPS non-emergency number at 972 973 3210 and ask to speak to a Police Supervisor and then complete a Badge Deletion Request form and submit it to the ACO at 972 973 5113.
- All badges are the sole property of the DFW International Airport Board and must be returned to the Airport Board upon request or upon termination of an employee’s access privileges or employment. The badge must be returned to the employer or to the ACO as soon as possible, but not later than ten (10) business days from the date the ACO receives notification to deactivate the badge. If applicant applies for a badge for another employer and the badge from the previous employer has not been returned to the ACO, the ACO will not issue another badge until the previous badge is returned to the ACO or the applicant pays a non-refundable fee in accordance with the DFW Airport Board Schedule of Charges, as may be amended from time to time.
- The fees collected for ACO services are collected in accordance with the DFW Airport Board Schedule of Charges, as may be amended from time to time. To review the current fees charged for ACO services, please visit http://www.dfwairport.com/about/financials/index.php.
|3.||U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY – CUSTOMS & BORDER PROTECTION SECURITY ACCESS CLEARANCE.|
| ||If your job responsibility requires you to access a Federal Inspection Services (FIS) area, aircraft deplaning and ramp area, or other restricted areas designated by the Customs & Border Protection (CBP) Port Director, additional clearance is required by CBP. You will need to complete CBP Form 3078 and the CBP Airport Security Access Addendum. Then you must present the forms to CBP along with a letter on company letterhead that attests that a background check was conducted on the applicant to the extent allowable by law. The letter must also contain a description of the duties that will be performed in the CBP area. CBP paperwork is accepted at Terminal D on the Arrivals Level in the CBP Air Security Office located in Room D29L118. CBP office hours of operation for Air Security are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., for more information about this process; please contact CBP at 972 973 9909.|
Applicants applying for SIDA badges will be required to submit to Security Training and Ramp Safety Training.
- New Applicants:
- New SIDA badge applicants will be given a DFW SIDA Training Pocket Guide and a Ramp Safety Pocket Guide as study material when they are fingerprinted in the ACO.
- Applicants will be able to take the training after they have met the Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and Security Threat Assessment (STA) requirements.
- Applicants must pass the DFW SIDA Training and Ramp Safety Training programs before a SIDA badge will be issued.
- Applicants may not use the pocket guides during the training or during the final assessment.
- Applicants may not receive assistance of any kind during the training or final assessment except for assistance in the use of the computer equipment.
- Applicants may take the DFW SIDA training on three (3) separate occasions within the thirty (30) days following the CHRC or STA approval date, whichever is the later date.
- Applicant may take the training course three (3) times on each separate occasion.
- If the applicant does not pass by the third (3rd) separate occasion, the applicant will be required to start the badging process from the beginning, including fingerprinting.
- Employers are expected to train their employees prior to sending them back to the ACO to begin the badging process again.
- Security Procedure Violators:
- Badge holders who have violated security procedures will be required to submit to Security Training and Ramp Safety Training.
- Badge holders will be given a DFW SIDA Training Pocket Guide and Ramp Safety Pocket Guide as study material when they meet with the DPS Police Officer who is investigating the violation.
- Badge holders must take the training prior to badge reinstatement.
- Badge holders must pass the DFW SIDA Training and Ramp Safety Training programs before the SIDA badge will be reinstated.
- Badge holders must pay a reinstatement fee before the SIDA badge will be reinstated.
- Badge holders may not use the pocket guides during the training or during the final assessment, and may not receive assistance of any kind during the training or final assessment, except for assistance in the use of the computer equipment.
- Badge holders may take the DFW SIDA Training on one (1) occasion beginning the last day of the badge suspension for the security violation, but not later than thirty (30) days following the last day of the badge suspension.
- Badge holder may take the training course three (3) times on one occasion.
- If the badge holder does not pass the Security Training program on the one occasion, the badge will not be reinstated.
Generally, the CHRC results are returned within one (1) to three (3) business days and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment (STA) results are returned anywhere from four (4) business days up to two (2) weeks. Airport-sponsored applicants will be notified once clearance is received on the CHRC and the STA. Applicants have thirty (30) days from the notification date to return to the ACO and claim the badge. Airline-sponsored applicants will be notified of the CHRC clearance through the carrier and of the STA clearance by the Airport. Airline employees will be provided a certification letter to bring to the ACO authorizing badge issuance. The certification letters must be presented to the ACO with the application, unless the applicant is going to be fingerprinted by the ACO. Failure to return within these timeframes will cause the application to expire, forcing employees to re-apply and start the process over from the beginning.
|5.||SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.|
The Access Control Office is able to schedule appointments for new and renewal badge applicants. Please use the following instructions to schedule an appointment.
- To Schedule an Appointment:
- Call 972 973 5100
- Monday through Friday - -7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday – 7:00 am to Noon.
- Let the Trusted Agent know if you are a new applicant or renewal applicant
- Select an appointment that fits your schedule!
- Arriving for a scheduled appointment
- Plan to arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Go to the Appointment Only check-in line
- Trusted Agent will call you at your scheduled appointment time
- Late Arrivals for Scheduled Appointments
- You are considered late when you arrive more than 5 minutes after your scheduled appointment time
- Late arrivals may choose one of the following options:
- Use the Walk-In Only line and wait, or
- Call 972 973 5100 to make another appointment
- To Cancel an Appointment
- Please cancel appointments 1 business day prior to the scheduled appointment
- Call 972 973 5100 to cancel an appointment and reschedule