What are Parking Privileges?
Parking privileges are designed to allow employees to enter and park in the Revenue Area of DFW Airport to perform their duties without being charged for parking if so authorized, or have paid the appropriate fees as outlined in the Schedule of Charges. Employees are NOT exempt from parking fees when parking for personal reasons, but parking privileges will exempt employees from parking fees based on business need.
Who can apply for parking privileges?
In order to qualify for parking privileges, your job must have a business need for you to park in the Terminal (Revenue Area).
What types of Parking Privileges are available?
- 24-hour – Provides for 24 consecutive hours of free parking in the public parking area (Revenue Area).
- 30-Day – Provided to Executive Level Management.
- Crossover Gate Access – Based on business justification, this grants access to use the various crossover gates to enter or exit the Terminals. Applicants are required to provide justification of Business Need for the privilege. SRD devices are now being reserved for use by Board vehicles and Company/Personal vehicles should have an NTTA toll tag.
How many cars can I register with Parking Privileges?
You may register up to two (2) vehicles. However, only one may be registered to have an NTTA device.
- Two 24-hour vehicles
- One NTTA toll tag and one 24-hour vehicle
The only exception to this is if your company has a large number of vehicles and your company has been grant approval to enter multiple vehicles on one application (up to 10).
PLEASE NOTE: Providing a license plate for use by anyone other than the applicant may result in the forfeiture of parking privileges for a minimum of one year, and the applicant being held responsible for accrued parking fees.
What if I don’t have an NTTA Toll Tag?
An NTTA Toll Tag is not required for 24-hour privileges, but you must have an NTTA Toll Tag for crossover access. You must indicate that you have a Toll Tag on your application. Failure to do so will result in parking fees accessed to your Toll Tag account. This will allow you to use the Toll Tag lanes at DFW Airport without being charged. If you DO NOT want to use your toll tag, log onto your NTTA account and disable it for the airport. You will be responsible for all toll tag charges if you failed to annotate your choice correctly.
Please note the following: The license plate indicated on your application must match the license plate registered with the NTTA.
What if I have a temporary tag?
When entering or updating your vehicle information:
- For Texas registered vehicles you will enter the license plate number associated with the temporary license plate (the paper tag).
- For all other states you will need to use the last 8-digits of the vehicles identification number (VIN).
What if I change vehicles or license plates?
Access the Parking Privilege Application on-line through www.dfwairport.com and indicate the license plate to be removed and the new license plate to be added.
What if I received a confirmation email however I was still charged upon exiting the Airport?
- Information is downloaded into our current data on a nightly basis. If you exited the Airport prior to the system updating you will be asked to submit payment for parking fees.
- If your application has been processed more than 24 hours prior to the date of exit, you may inform the cashier that you have parking privileges. The cashier will consult with their Management team and will determine if they can process you without payment. If not, the cashier will inform you of your other options.
- Please contact the Employee Parking Office at 972-574-0091 within 48-hours of the exit to avoid future charges
- If you have received an Uncollected Parking Fee (UCF), or are erroneously charged immediately contact your departmental authorizer to submit a request for adjustments.
What if I keep getting emails about either needing to send documentation to the Employee Parking Office, or any other issues that prevent my application from being completely processed?
You have received these emails because there is an issue with your application, i.e., vehicles not registered to you, NTTA tag not in NTTA system, vehicle not in NTTA system, vehicle with out-of-state registration, etc. You need to immediately make corrections or provide the requested documentation within 3 business day. If no response has been received after 5 business days, your application will be deleted. You will be responsible for any parking fees that occur until the matter is resolved.