DFW’s sustainable practices and programs are designed to strengthen and preserve our people, our airport and our community. We are proud to have received recognition from many respected organizations that give testimony to our accomplishments preserving today’s assets for tomorrow.
Despite our achievements, we still have much to do. We’re committed to reaching beyond past accomplishments and continuing to look for new and better ways to ensure tomorrow’s success. DFW Sustainability – Trusted with Tomorrow.
DFW’s achievements and awards include:
- For the second year in a row, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awards DFW membership into the Green Power Leadership Club. By purchasing 30 percent of the Airport’s electricity needs from renewable wind resources, DFW has established itself as a leader in the EPA Green Power Partnership Program.
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Energy Managers Hall of Fame inducts Vice President of Energy and Transportation Rusty Hodapp.
- Recipient of the 2011 Airports Going Green Award in recognition of DFW’s Airport Energy Management Program and outstanding leadership in pursuit of sustainability within the aviation industry.
- Fire Chief Magazine bestowed their prestigious Gold award for design to DFW’s Fire Station 6. The national publication’s 11th Annual Design Awards recognizes outstanding architecture and design of the best fire stations nationwide.
- DFW set another environmental standard by becoming the first airport to become a promotional partner in the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) WaterSense Program.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) initiates DFW membership into the Green Power Leadership Club. By purchasing 30 percent of the Airport’s electricity needs from renewable wind resources, DFW has established itself as a leader in the EPA Green Power Partnership Program.
- The Federal Aviation Administration – Southwest Region Airports Division, recognized DFW’s Natural Gas Environmental Management Program for outstanding environmental stewardship in the airports industry.
- DFW was recognized as an Outstanding Government Organization by the 2010 Clean Air Through Energy Efficiency Conference
- DFW received the Working for Clean Air award as Fleet Operations Employer of 2010 by the North Texas Clean Air Coalition. The Working for Clean Air Awards recognize North Texas’ outstanding workplaces for clean air initiatives.
- DFW received the award for National Energy Project of the Year from the Association of Energy Engineers. This award recognizes the successes of DFW’s Continuous Commissions projects for Terminal D and Energy Plaza.
- The Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) recognizes DFW Energy Manager, Jerry Dennis, for his outstanding accomplishments in training and development of energy engineers and managers with the Energy Professional Development award.
- DFW was recognized through the Green Power Partnership as being among the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Top 20 Local Government List of the largest green power purchasers.
- Airports Council International – North America recognized DFW with an Environmental Achievement Award in the Outreach, Education, and Community Involvement Award Category for the Airport’s Protect our Planet Science Festival & DFW Airport Earth Day.
- Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce "2007 Corporation of the Year"
- Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce "2007 Corporate Partner"
- Greater Dallas Indo-American Chamber of Commerce "2007 Outstanding Corporate Contributions"
- North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency "2007 Corporate Partnership Appreciation"
- In 2007 the Flight Safety Foundation recognized DFW with its Airport Safety Award recognizing outstanding or significant improvement in the airport safety environment through innovation and implementation of new methods, practices or policies.
- Texas Association of Energy Engineers recognized DFW staff member Larry Kramer with the “Energy Engineer of the Year" award.
- DFW Executive Vice President of Operations, Jim Crites was named Energy Executive of the Year in 2006 by the Association of Energy Engineers.
- Airports Council International called DFW an “Environmental Star" in its North America Centerlines Magazine special edition in 2006
- DFW’s environmental success recently earned the Airport’s participation in the Environmental Protection Agency’s National Environmental Performance Track Program, and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality’s Clean Texas Platinum Award.
- DFW won the Alliance to Save Energy’s prestigious “Star of Energy Efficiency" award.
- Texas Association of Energy Engineers recognized DFW staff member Terry Bates with the “Energy Engineer of the Year" award.
- The Department of Energy Clean Cities program gave a National Partner Award in 2004 for Excellence in Advancing Natural Gas to DFW recognizing its efforts in expanding the use of low emission compressed natural gas vehicles.
- Texas State Energy Conservation Office and Texas Energy Partnership recognized DFW for its Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency and Air Quality Improvement in the State of Texas.
- The Association of Energy Engineers named Rusty Hodapp its International Corporate Energy Manager of the Year.